Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Slammed Review



Title: Slammed

Author: Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed #1

Publisher: Colleen Hoover

Release date: January 4, 2012



Synopsis from Goodreads.com:

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
 

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.


My thoughts:

Loved, loved, loved the book.  The author just captivates me with her words.  Her writing is so beautiful...I just feel so connected with the characters.  This is one emotional roller coaster of a book.  One minute I am teary eyed, next thing, I am laughing my a** out, then next, I am just so giddy with the romance between Layken and Will.  All the characters are so loveable.  This book is not just about the romance but about friendship, families, and the ups and downs of life. 

I give this book a rating of:

Rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment